Hey, great game I already played for like 8 hours and it's still fun, but I recently tried playing it with a PS5 controller on Linux plugged in via USB and all the axes (sticks and d-pad) are completely wrong and have a constant drift. It's uncontrollable. The menu also doesn't allow me to rebind them (no reaction on axis input). All other games and a godot test scene I set up work completely fine with this controller on this PC. And the game works fine with other off-brand controllers that are recognized as "Microsoft X-box 360" gamepads, it's only the PS5 one that is bonkers. It's also not motion controls related, I disabled them in udev and it didn't change anything.
Buck Up And Drive!
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Where are we going? As individuals... as a species... what awaits us at the end of this road? Is there an end? Was there an beginning? Does this road symbolize real life in the sense that there's no turning back? And how does pineapple juice fit into all this? Maybe I should just shut up, Buck Up And Drive!
- Endless driving game inspired by arcade classics, with simple yet intense gameplay featuring a total slap in the face of realism. And a kick in the spleen, too!
- Procedurally generated track with multiple environments to visit, ranging from the somewhat realistic to the completely absurd. GO TO HELL!... literally!
- PINK. BACKFLIPPING. TRUCKS. ON THE FUCKING MOON.
- Go 1v1 against another player (or a CPU) in a fighting mode. With cars. I dunno either, I came up with it while in the shower.
- Customizable car decals through external image files. Put "eggplants" all over the cars, for all I care!
- Controls for both game modes are 8 directions and one button. Play one-handed, if you want! Keep your other hand for... holding orange juice! Yes!
- Available for both Windows and Ubuntu (other Linux distros may work).
- Bought the game here on Itch? You can redeem a Steam key! Click here to know how to do that!
(More features were planned for after release, but such became impractical. I elaborate on that in this post.)
Demo Content (v1.2.1 DEMO):
- One playable car, Ferrero, with all 16 colors and support for custom decals.
- Driving mode with 5 environments to cycle through. A few gameplay segments aren't present, and scores won't save. Game settings will still save, though!
- 1v1 mode with the same environments to pick from as the driving mode. It's mechanically identical to the full game, only lacking cosmetic variety.
- A couple secrets to find.
|System Requirements - Windows:
Operating System: Windows 7 or later (64bit only)
Processor: 2Ghz Dual Core
Graphics: 512 MB, DirectX 11
Storage: 100 MB of available space (to change through updates)
|System Requirements - Ubuntu:
Operating System: Ubuntu 16 or later (other 64bit Linux distros MAY work)
Processor: 2Ghz Dual Core
Storage: 100 MB of available space (to change through updates)
Of note: This game is meant to run at 60fps. If you can't get that on your machine and are experiencing slowdown, lowering the resolution may help on older/lower end hardware.
|Genre||Racing, Action, Fighting|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||3D, Arcade, Beat 'em up, Driving, Endless, GameMaker, Procedural Generation|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
|Mentions||Come get the Pre-Summer itch.io Selects...|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- v1.2.1 released!79 days ago
- v1.2.0 released!82 days ago
- You get a Steam key! You get a Steam key! YOU get a Steam key!Dec 07, 2021
- Steam page is up!Dec 07, 2021
- v1.1.1 Released!Dec 02, 2021
- Quick re-uploadNov 30, 2021
- v1.1.0 is out!Nov 27, 2021
- Progress on v1.1.0Nov 17, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This looks really badass, also highlight game of the bundle. Look forward to seeing more games from you, cheers!
Alright I'll say it. I don't consider this to be a good game, at least not of what I played in the demo. But I support the developer because someone made a video complaining about the trans billboards. I am glad to see there are devs out there that stand up for what's right instead of caving to the anti-trans cucks. It is nice to see developers also not cucking to casuals and the almighty dollar. If this developer ever makes a game that is entertaining to me I will give it a good review. Irony here is that the gameplay does seem to cater to casuals (far too easy at least in the demo.)
Update: I see they are doing the abortion thing and I am not in favor of abortion.
car goes vroom, but also tony hawk
whats the name of the art style
Awesome game! I love seeing all the different environments and cars, and it's a cool motivation to keep playing and unlock more stuff. The increasing difficulty and complexity for the police battles is also a ton of fun. At one point I was racing a challenger and battling a cop at the same time which was really fun, but also very difficult. I played with a gamepad but kinda struggled to use the hurricane drift move. Might be easier with a real fight stick. The text is also great: "The Fucking Moon" lol.
How exactly do you make the custom decals for the cars?
I only see the models folder and no way to edit anything
If you highlight a custom decal in the car select menu (Endless Road), it shows you the folder they're in, along with letting you open the folder directly.
I didn't notice a demo was out, so I tried it and my god it's as fun as the trailers on twitter were
Hope the steam release gets workshop support so everybody can experience my wip lightning mcqueen
Outrun meets Asphalt meets Jet Set Radio meets Street Fighter. ... wait what? It's fun - play it.
Nice to see 1.1.1 also for the demo.
Unfortunately your game is not on GOG - so only available DRM free
with payment methods of USA.
But thanks for the refresh of the Demo version.
Well, I'm currently looking into Steam, and after that I'm not against looking into other places like GOG.
Man I feel big dumb, I just bought this game twice.
THIS GAME HAS A FIGHTING GAME MODE??? EVERYONE SHOULD GET IT
This game is absolutely godlike. It nailed the mechanics and sensation of driving at high speeds and causing mayhem on the road. Every element to make this feel as incredible as it does was fine-tuned to near perfection. The developer even made sure that grinding against rails didn't slow you down and instead gave off grind sparks, and when grinding on rails on one side, switching while still grinding would have you jump to the opposite rails. My only one major complaint is that when boosting, your hurtbox for knocking other cars off the road ends far too quickly. It's reflected in your bar, sure, but your car is still going fast and is illustrated by the speed lines. It's hard to get a handle on when your car can or can't hurt other cars in the heat of the moment when your eyes are focused on the road. I do think buffing the hurtbox duration would be a much better idea, as relying predominantly on your fighting game moves makes it very hard to rack up points and run into the cops faster. Otherwise, this is an outstanding game and one of my favorites from this year. If the hurtbox for boosts is better balanced, I'll come back and give this game a higher rating.
Never offers a real second driver. Only offers CPU as second driver. Does this for both Ubuntu and windows.
Awesome game. Remember the golden era.
Made a video for the full release
o Fábio,quando tu vai lançar na steam?! pra eu pode comprar :v
its awesome reminds me of auto modellista in terms of style
There goes my preorder
after playing the demo i realized that this game is as fantastic as the videos i had seen on twitter, congratulations, it's amazingly good!
I liked absolutely everything, every decision you made!
this demo has NOTHING that deserves criticism to improve.
Finally something unique :) Outrun + Initial D :) Great job.
Demo is very fun. Love the visuals
Made a video
Nice!!! Car go vvvvvrrrrooooommmm!!
Nice gameplay and graphics, makes you feel like takumi from initial di and make a tear for Sega drive games
Amazing game, amazing visuals! This game is featured on my Week's Top 5!
Check my video!
It is more an action title than a simulation - which is a good thing (from my point of view, at least ;).
Just some 1st impressions (testing it under GNU/Linux on with 'Logitech Gamepad F310' controller with a friend):
- controlling direction/steering seems not (very) important
- controller support works, but should be improved:
o left analogue stick (LS) is too sensitive in menus - so one has to use D-PAD as LS is not usable in menus ... this should be changed as
it is not common to use D-PAD ...
o 1st we were not able to use 2 controllers ... when it worked, it was not
the same quality as playing alone (seems much less responsive)
o only one controller could initiate pause/menu by Back button ... and unfortunately that controller changed mid game (or when starting the locMuPl mode) - would be better when both controller can initiate pause (i.e. start button invokes main menu) and also to determine P1 and this major controller by 1st button pressed and keep it till the game is closed.
Would be nice if the demo would be updated in case the game is improved (and will directly test it in that case), so one can judge about the quality before buying this game. From my point of view it is interesting ... but not ripe for a full featured game from a technical perspective.
By the way ... is there some intent to put it on other platforms like GOG later (I like itch.io, but unfortunately there are only payment methods common to USA, not EU - so e.g. PaySafe is not possible on itch.io, unfortunately).Best wishes - and keep up your good work!
The only game to ever make me experience road rage.
so damn addictive.
Super Duper cool Game. Had a lot of fun. It feels very satisfying
amazing game I love it cant wait for some more
Man I have been following on twitter for so long, great to see this project coming to life!!
If you ever wanted to beat the living crap out of the cars that make up the traffic in Outrun this is the game for you! Also, air drifting hadoukens, what's there not to love?
The game slaps...it reminds me of the speed racer game on the wii but, waaaaaaaaa better
Criticisms and suggestions after playing the early demo...
- While I was able to figure things out like being able to aerial drift and better avoiding obstacles while jumping off rails, tips sprinkled in the game each loss or somewhere may prove convenient for players that get discouraged easily or may not realize certain possibilities with the controls. I can understand just letting people realize these techniques themselves though.
- The timer is a lil too strict sometimes; quite unforgiving towards loss of momentum or a couple crashes. Are more time bonuses beyond checkpoints being considered?
- Upon landing a Hurricane Drift, there are moments where I might have performed it too late and ended up trading blows between the car and the attack. Would giving the attack invincibility frames make it too overpowered?
- There are moments where the player's car might go fast for them to react to what's ahead due to vehicles and/or flying dummies blocking their view. It's because of this that I feel maybe the Boost Tackle's active time should depend on the player's current or max speed attained, so the player doesn't have to be too cautious.
- Police car tends to hit me sometimes when moving back to its position in front of the player car if they were not struck before.
- This one might be an iffy take, but with drifting being vital to playing the game to the point where you are allowed to perform it on straight roads, coupled with the strict timer, the ability to simply drive normally feels less important than it should and makes me believe I should always be drifting instead. Of course, I could just not be realizing how many times I had to not drift, but I thought I'd still put this thought out there as well in the chance that something could be done about it.
All that aside, I really enjoyed the demo and I look forward to the full game!
Awesome. Except it desperately needs a proper tutorial. Still not sure how to actually do a hurricane drift
Edit : tried it a few more times and almost reached the end of the second stage on the beach lol. I honestly feel a separate button for doing a hurricane drift would be better. Maybe a double tap of the up arrow or something like that because aiming with left and right arrow and then trying to do a hurricane as well isn't really too intuitive. Amazing none the less and probably one of the most crazy games ever though lol
I don't understand anything that's going on but I like it
MANO PQP, ACABEII DE VER O TRAILER E CARALHOKKK MEU DEUSSSSS EU TO EM CHOQUE Q DAORA